VIP Horse Racing - 2nd oldest racecourse
The Mauritius Turf Club was founded in 1812 and the Champ de Mars racecourse was inaugurated later in the same year, making it one of the oldest racecourses in the southern hemisphere.
Horse racing is deeply embedded in the Mauritian culture. Every Saturday during the racing season, from the end of March to the beginning of December, a surging mass flocks towards the Champ de Mars making it undoubtedly one of the nation’s favorite pastimes.
Enjoy this spectacular and thrilling event in the comfort and luxury of the Crown Lodge, the VIP balcony of the Mauritius Turf Club. With its direct view on both the arena and presentation ring you will have a privileged and unique perspective to watch the horses making it to the finish line.
Throughout the day you will be pampered by the Crown Lodge's team who will provide you with hot and cold canapés including some Mauritian specialties and drinks upon request from noon to 5 pm. Other highlights include a private betting booth and your very own racing specialists to assist you throughout the day. And 15 minutes after the last race, you will be accompanied back to your vehicle.
Enjoy this spectacular and thrilling event in the comfort and luxury of the Crown Lodge, the VIP balcony of the Mauritius Turf Club.
- Price description and maximum participants:
164 Euro per. person
- Included in the price:
- Transfer from/to your hotel
- Access to the private VIP box for a total of 8 races (at intervals of 35 minutes)
- Snacks and open bar (soft drink, beer, whiskey, sparkling wine, rum, gin, vodka etc) from noon to 5 pm.
- Access to the balcony overlooking the presentation ring
- Racing specialists on site to answer queries and give betting advice
- After the 2nd race, join the Crown Lodge group and bet to win the jackpot.
- Opening days for activity:
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts 12.00pm & ends 05.00pm. (Approx 5 hours)
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Champ de Mars, Port Louis
- Dress Code:
Casual smart but wearing a formal dress or suits and ties are not required.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids
Child under 6 years old can enjoy this activity free of charge but we recommend this activity for children aged 6 years and upwards.
- Transport to location:
- Pick up from your hotel/Accommodation
- North: 11:30 am
- South and East: 11:00 am
- Reservation policy:
Booking 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
Terms and Conditions Apply.