Snorkelling Coin de Mire Island
Discover Mauritius' best snorkelling site combined with great bird watching! The Coin de Mire, also called Gunner's Quoin, is a well-known islet located at the northern tip of Mauritius, off the shore of Cap Malheureux.
Your trip will start with an exhilarating ride onboard a speedboat, across the translucent lagoon. The crystal clear water offers fantastic visibility and an average depth of 6 meters (depth ranges from 3 to 9 meters); the perfect conditions for you to explore the remarkable marine life. During your trip, you will have several snorkelling breaks in a few prime snorkelling spots.
The reef is home to a variety of fish species that include Damselfish, Surgeonfish, Butterflyfish, as well as tiny Pipefish and large Trumpetfish. If you are lucky you might even see turtles and dolphins in their natural surroundings.
For those who enjoy bird watching, a number of native birds can be seen flying around the Coin de Mire or nesting in the cracks of the cliffs such as the famous national bird of Mauritius, the White-tailed tropic, known as the 'Paille-en-queue ', as well as the Red-tailed tropicbird and Wedge-tailed Shearwater. Common birds like sparrows and doves can also be seen around the Coin de Mire Island.
A unique speedboat cruise to Coin de Mire where you will enjoy snorkelling and bird watching.
- Price description and maximum participants:
17 Euro per. person.
Maximum 18 person.
- Included in the price:
Snorkelling equipment, english and french staff, snack and drinks.
- Opening days for activity:
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts at 09.00am. Approx 3 hours.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Anse La Raie, North. The diving center is located at the Sensimar Lagoon Hotel, Costal Road, Anse la Raie.
- To bring:
Swimwear, sunscreen and towel.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
All ages are welcome.
- Transport to location:
Your free transfer from your hotel in the North to the diving center can be arranged on request.
- Reservation policy:
Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
A) Cancellation by Emperator Diving Center
In the event that our diving center is unable to carry out the reserved activity, e.g. due to unfavorable weather conditions or due to technical reasons, we will postpone the activity. If you are unable to take part on the new date, we will fully reimburse your already paid fees.
B) Other Cancellation
Should you fall ill and not be able to attend the cavity, a medical certificate should be presented 24 hours prior, in order to receive full reimbursement. Except for the MSDA license. Cases of "hangovers", seasickness and other types of reasons are not acceptable for a refund.
Cancellations and refunds will be made as follows:
- More than 24 hours in advance, cancellation for medical reasons (on presentation of a medical certificate) or in case of force majeure: 100%
- More than 24 hours in advance, cancellation without valid reason: 70%
- Within 24 hours, cancellation for medical reasons (on presentation of a medical certificate) or in cases of force majeure: refund 70%
- Cancellation within 24 hours, for no good reason: refund 50%
- No refund if the cancellation is made on the day of departure, except for medical reasons with a medical certificate or in case of force majeure.