Round Island Shark Dive (certified diver)
If you are a certified diver (level 1 or open water minimum) this amazing experience will be the highlight of your Mauritian holidays!
You will depart from the diving centre early in the morning for a 1-hour boat trip to the diving site - the famous Shark Cathedral. The sea on the way may be a bit rough with strong currents. Once you reach the diving spot, the team will organise 2 scuba tanks dives for your exciting encounter with reef sharks (grey, black tip and white tip), eagle rays, tuna and turtles that roam near Ile Ronde. At about 18 metres deep, you will enter an underwater cave with remarkable light, giving the impression of light passing through cathedral windows, hence the name 'The Cathedral'.
Avid underwater photographers should not miss this great opportunity to take advantage of the dramatic underwater scenery combined with the incredible marine life to make some extraordinary pictures.
After your fabulous dives, a light refreshing lunch will be served on board on the way back.
As this trip requires good diving experience, we may ask you to do a check dive at the diving centre before the day of your shark dive. These shark dives are about experiencing free wildlife in their own environment, so we cannot guarantee their presence, but chances of seeing them are very high and the experienced team knows where to find them.
A full day shark dive trip to Round Island for certified divers (level 1 or open water minimum) only, not suitable for pregnant women including lunch.
- Price description and maximum participants:
159 Euro per. person. 2 tank dive.
- Included in the price:
Diving equipment, professional staff, 2 tank dive, light lunch and drinks.
- Opening days for activity:
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts at 08.00am. Approx 6 hours.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Anse La Raie, North. The diving center is located at the Sensimar Lagoon Hotel, Costal Road, Anse la Raie.
- To bring:
Swimwear, sunscreen and towel.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
Not suitable for kids.
- Transport to location:
Your free transfer from your hotel in the North to the diving center can be arranged on request.
- Reservation policy:
Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
A) Cancellation by Emperator Diving Center
In the event that our diving center is unable to carry out the reserved activity, e.g. due to unfavorable weather conditions or due to technical reasons, we will postpone the activity. If you are unable to take part on the new date, we will fully reimburse your already paid fees.
B) Other Cancellation
Should you fall ill and not be able to attend the cavity, a medical certificate should be presented 24 hours prior, in order to receive full reimbursement. Except for the MSDA license. Cases of "hangovers", seasickness and other types of reasons are not acceptable for a refund.
Cancellations and refunds will be made as follows:
- More than 24 hours in advance, cancellation for medical reasons (on presentation of a medical certificate) or in case of force majeure: 100%
- More than 24 hours in advance, cancellation without valid reason: 70%
- Within 24 hours, cancellation for medical reasons (on presentation of a medical certificate) or in cases of force majeure: refund 70%
- Cancellation within 24 hours, for no good reason: refund 50%
- No refund if the cancellation is made on the day of departure, except for medical reasons with a medical certificate or in case of force majeure.