Round Island Shark Dive
TIf you are a certified diver (level 1 or open water minimum) this amazing experience will be the highlight of your Mauritian holidays!
You will depart from the diving centre early in the morning for a 1-hour boat trip to the diving site - the famous Shark Cathedral. The sea on the way may be a bit rough with strong currents. Once you reach the diving spot, the team will organise 2 scuba tanks dives for your exciting encounter with reef sharks (grey, black tip and white tip), eagle rays, tuna and turtles that roam near Ile Ronde. At about 18 metres deep, you will enter an underwater cave with remarkable light, giving the impression of light passing through cathedral windows, hence the name 'The Cathedral'.
Avid underwater photographers should not miss this great opportunity to take advantage of the dramatic underwater scenery combined with the incredible marine life to make some extraordinary pictures.
After your fabulous dives, a light refreshing lunch will be served on board on the way back.
As this trip requires good diving experience, we may ask you to do a check dive at the diving centre before the day of your shark dive. These shark dives are about experiencing free wildlife in their own environment, so we cannot guarantee their presence, but chances of seeing them are very high and the experienced team knows where to find them.
- For certified divers (level 1 or open water minimum) only, not suitable for pregnant women
- 1-hour boat trip to the diving spot
- Diving equipment is included if booked accordingly (2 tanks dives)
- Average depth 18 m / 59.1 ft
- Visibility: Excellent (20 - 70 m)
- Dive site quality: Great (5 stars)
- Marine biology interest: Good - Main focus in sharks encounters