Quadbike Adventure - Discovery Tour
The Big Foot Adventure is a 35 km track ride specially designed for thrill seekers and nature lovers. Explore the hidden charms of the Southern coast of the island with the various tracks and trail times available, cross natural terrain, and take on the challenge of many of nature’s rough and unpredictable obstacles.
Big Foot Adventure is led by experienced guides, who know the area like the back of their hand. So get ready for an unforgettable off-track tour creating memories that will last for a lifetime! The Adventure departs from the Andrea lodge, a lodge nestled on cliffs with stunning views of the ocean, and will take you to the following sites:
- The Savanne River
- The volcanic cliff of Gris-Gris – this beach is not protected by coral reefs and hence offers an amazing view of big waves crashing on the shore.
- La Roche qui Pleure — the crying rock is so called because of the continuous beating of the waves on its flanks giving the impression that it is crying.
- Rochester Falls – unique and dramatic waterfalls, highly popular because of the rectangular rocks flanking it.
- Union Forest
- L’exil Lodges — Lunch will be served in a picnic basket in a natural environment in front of the magnificent view of the Leon falls (private waterfall) where you may have a swim.
- La Vanille Nature Park – Enjoy the unforgettable experience of walking amongst the largest group of captive-bred giant Aldabra tortoises in the world, in addition to 2000 Nile Crocodiles as well as a variety of other animals such as monkeys, iguanas, bats, deer, geckos, eels, wild boar and more…
It is a truly incredible experience to see them, that no one should miss!
- Experience: Guided quad bike tour while exploring places like Savanne River, Gris-Gris Volcanic Cliffs, Terracine, Rochester Falls, Union Forest, L’Exil Lodges, Lunch, Swimming, Rum Tasting, La Vanille Nature Park, Senneville Bridge & back to Andrea Lodges. Track of 35KM
- Price description and quad passenger capacity: Single Quad: 140 Euro / Double Quad: 251 Euro
- Included in the price: Guided quad trip in and around the wild southern coast, swimming in private waterfall, lunch at L’Exil, rum tasting, visit of La Vanille Nature Park, safety helmet and safety briefing.
- Opening days for activity: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration: 10 a.m.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point: Andrea Lodges
- What should you bring?
- Long trousers and long-sleeved top are recommended.
- Sports shoes and trainers must be worn. No sandals/flip flops/open-toed shoes.
- Sunglasses, sun cream, and mosquito repellant are highly recommended.
- Waterproof clothing is advisable if rain is forecast (it may get muddy).
- You are also advised to bring spare clothes.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids: As from six years old for a minimum height 1m50
- Transport to location: Not included.
- Reservation policy: Booking 48 hours in advance
- Cancellation Policy:
- One week prior to departure: Full reimbursement.
- Within 48 hours prior to departure: 50% of the cost of the tour.
- On the same day: No reimbursement.
- Starting and ending times: To ensure a pleasant and quality experience to all guests, we suggest you arrive 15 minutes before your allocated start time at the meeting point. The start and finish times for the ride are fixed. If the group arrives late the ride will still end at the allocated time. If one or more members of the group are late, it will not be possible to incorporate them into the group after instruction has started.
- Restrictions: The quad tours are strictly forbidden for pregnant women. No one under, or suspected of, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to take part in the ride.