This tour is simply amazing to discover the wonders of the ocean! A qualified Oceanographer will inform you of the scientific aspects of the oceans and involve you in research activities. You will learn about the various aspects of oceanography, including the geology and the seabed, the chemistry of the sea as well as the physical aspects such as generation of waves and the unique biodiversity of the ocean and more. Under his guidance and supervision, you will discover all about the beautiful Mauritian marine life in a different and very special way.
Enjoy this very interesting and educational cruise in the exclusive and comfortable 28’ Cabin Cruise, comprising a sun deck for ocean observation, toilets, lockers and protection from the sun. By spending this fabulous day at sea, you are supporting a local Non-Profit Organisation, as 10% of the revenue goes towards the protection of the ocean.
This fantastic cruise departs from the west coast and heads towards the north, to meet playful dolphins and majestic sperm whales near Flic en Flac. Along the way, you will learn about the history of sunken ships off the shores of Mauritius, as well as the fascinating story of the treasure hunter of Albion. You will then go towards Le Morne, where you leave the boat to enjoy a scrumptious à la carte lunch at the renowned Dinarobin Beachcomber Restaurant. Savour a delicious feast of fresh fish and lobster, with your toes in the sand. You can use the hotel’s facilities to freshen-up before heading further south to Île aux Bénitiers - a beautiful uninhabited island.
During the day you will have opportunities to see dolphins and whales in their natural surroundings, swim in the open sea, and snorkel (or scuba dive if booked). But unlike a conventional cruise, you will also be able to use a hydrophone to listen to dolphins, learn about the coral count and benefit from a short introduction to Oceanography.
The Oceanographer has worked as Regional Scientific Coordinator in the South Western Indian Ocean region for various international organisations including the United Nations Development Program, the European Union and National Geographic. You're definitely in good hands! At the end of this exciting day, you will receive your very own certificate!
- This cruise is ideal for individuals and families wanting to spend a fantastic time while learning. (If available, the wife of the oceanographer, specialised in environmental education, will join to give your children even more information so they can make the most of this outing)
- The cruise is available in English, French, and German
- Full Day Itinerary: Black River - Tamarin - Flic en Flac - Black River - Le Morne - Île aux Bénitiers
- Half Day Itinerary: Black River - Tamarin - Flic en Flac - Île aux Bénitiers
- Comfortable setting of a 28’ Cabin Cruiser with sundeck for ocean observation, toilets, lockers, inside cabin, etc.
- Auto-inflatable lifejackets on board
- The crew will use a GoPro to film your adventure and give you the SD card
- All soft drinks provided, healthy snacks such as nuts on board are included
- Lunch at the restaurant is payable directly there and is not included
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Scuba diving can be arranged (copy of diving license and insurance required (see add-ons at check-out)
- If you are staying in a hotel nearby, the boat can pick you up from the hotel's jetty (see add-ons at check-out)
- The exclusive expedition is a non-refundable activity but will be rescheduled in case of bad weather