Mountain Biking the South Coast Cliffs
Embark on a fantastic bike trail along the wild south coast of Mauritius and get ready to fall in love. The southern coastline is completely different from the rest of the island and offers idyllic and quiet sceneries. Stand on the edge of the black cliffs made of volcanic rock and watch the great waves crash beneath you. You will surely be impressed of how wonderful and powerful mother nature is.
The trip starts off on sandy trails along stunning and deserted beaches. Along the way, you will meet friendly grazing goats and cows. You will then cross through Le Bouchon village on the coast before heading towards Pont Naturel (Natural Bridge). The trail then gets rockier and after a few kilometers you will reach the famous blowhole Le Souffleur and its beautiful surrounding beaches. Take a deep breath on the windy cliffs and enjoy the refreshing feeling of the salty mist on your face. You will then follow trails through sugarcane fields on your way back.
Guided mountain bike ride around the Southern coast line on a 15-30 km trail surrounded by rocky cliffs, silent sceneries, wild nature and crashing waves. Easy-moderate.
- Price description and maximum participants:
63 Euro per person.
Max. 12 participants. Min. 2 participants.
- Included in the price:
Guided biking trip in and around the wild Southern Coast, safety helmet, safety briefing, water bottles,spare tubes, pumps and professional lycra gloves.
- Opening days for activity:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts 9am, ends 12.30pm. Approx. 3,5 hour.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
South. Meeting just before the Shandrani Hotel and at the beginning of the entrance to La Cambuse Public Beach.
- To bring:
Sport shoes or mountainbike shoes with clip pedals, rain jacket, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, camera and water.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
No kids for this activity.
- Transport to location:
- Reservation policy:
Booking 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Within 24 hours prior to the excursion no refund possible.
- Within 48 hours prior to the excursion 50% refund.
- To ensure a pleasant and quality experience to all guests, we urge to arrive on time at the meeting point. Should you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we shall depart (no refund possible).