Lion Mountain Hike with La Vallée de Ferney
Explore the rugged landscape of the south-east of Mauritius by hiking up an 8 km track to the Lion Mountain.
The location is abundant with native vegetation, exotic plants, and if you are lucky enough you might spot the island’s small endemic falcon-the Mauritian Kestrel. This hiking trip provides you with a way to re-boost your spirit and allows you to take some fresh air.
Upon reaching the summit, you will be rewarded with the outstanding views of the South Coast, overlooking the vast ocean and its verdant green surroundings. The views are strikingly beautiful and you will also get to view the historical islets of the region such as ‘Ile au Phare’ or ‘Ile de la Passe’.
Beautiful native flora and fauna, rarely seen elsewhere, flourish here. This is an ideal activity for every wildlife lovers and nature lovers!
- Experience: A beautiful hiking trip up to the Lion Mountain with an elevation of 8 Kilometres while discovering the outstanding views of the South Coast, overlooking the vast ocean and its verdant green surroundings.
- Price description and maximum participants: 45 Euros per adult / 35 Euros per child (below 11 years) / Minimum 2 adults
- Included in the price: Guided Hike.
- Opening days for activity: From Monday to Sunday
- Operating Hours of activity: 8:30 a.m. - 12.45 p.m.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point: Visitor’s Corner at La Vallée de Ferney
- To bring: Sports shoes, sweater or K-way and spare clothes are recommended. Mosquito repellent is compulsory. 1/2 litre of water will be provided.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids: The hike by the children is at the discretion of the parents. Level of Difficulty: 2 on 3
- Transport to location: Not included.
- Reservation policy: Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy: Up to 48 hours, 50% charge applies. As from 48 hours 100% charge applies. If the visit has to be cancelled due to bad weather conditions, an alternative booking date will be offered.