Lion Mountain Guided Hike
Hiking is one of the best activity you can do during your holidays in Mauritius and our paradise island offers some gorgeous trails to hike with a guaranteed adventure feel!
This hiking adventure with KEEP THE PACE starts at Vieux Grand Port Village located in the southeast of the island which was many years ago the landing zone of the Dutch, the first settlers of Mauritius. It is here that your guide will give you a briefing on the day and the safety measures to be aware of.
It is thanks to its indisputable sphinx-like profile that we call it the Lion Mountain. The hiking level is smoothly challenging starting along the lion's 'back' to reach the 'head'. There are a couple of unpredictable scrambles and some rough rocky parts before getting to the plateau along the lion's head. At the peak, you will be moved by the mesmerizing views of the South East, showcasing the vast beauty of Mauritius' largest lagoon with its stunning turquoise water.
- Hike of approximately 4 hours
- Difficulty level: Medium (some exposed scrambling)
- Children as from 12 years old
- Equipment is provided if needed during the hike
- Race pack (water, fruit and cereal bars)
- Meeting point at Frederik Hendrik Museum in Vieux Grand Port
- Transportation can be provided. If needed, book it in the add-ons at check-out