Le Pouce Sunset Hike
Le Pouce Mountain, noticeable from a distance, got its name from its thumb-shaped peak. This hiking experience will bring you up to a height of 812 meters with fantastic views of the capital city of Port Louis and the expanding village of St Pierre.
The hike up to the second plateau of the mountain is quite easy and leads to a viewing platform where you will have a better understanding of the volcanic origin of the island. The last few meters to the very top will require some climbing and is a bit more challenging.
Reward awaits at the mountaintop! Overlooking the Moka Mountain Range and parts of the North of the island you will be able to witness the sun setting at the horizon. After this breathtaking experience, you will make your way back using head torches. With the spreading darkness, you will get to experience a different feel of the place.
- 3 Hours of hiking with some climbing up to 812 meters
- Difficulty: easy to Medium
- Fitness level: average
- Recommended age: between 10 to 55 years
- Recommended clothing: long sleeve t-shirt (avoid cotton), a raincoat, shorts in summer or breathable pants (avoid denim), trekking/hiking shoes or slip resistant shoes
- You may book your return transfer to and from the hike in the add-ons at check-out