Le Domaine de Bois Chéri - The Mauritius Tea Factory
Located a few kilometers from Grand Bassin, Bois Chéri is a tea factory operating since 1892, where you will be shown and explained the different stages of tea production: from picking to packaging, through withering, fermentation, drying and sieving.
A tea museum completes the visit and focuses on the particularities of this culture in the history of our island. Here you will find exposed: old machines related to tea production, tea services of the 19th century, photos, tables and documents to understand the origin of tea, its evolution and the art of living surrounding it.
To illustrate the lifestyle at the time, a tasting of the Bois de Chéri tea products is offered in our chalet with panoramic views of the area, the lake filling an old crater and the entire south of the island.
● Experience: Visit of Le Domaine de Bois Chéri
● Price and maximum participants:
- Visit: 12 EUR per adult / 6 EUR per child (5-12 years)
- Visit + Lunch: 35 EUR per adult / 18 EUR per child (5-12 years)
● Included in the price: Visit of Le Domaine de Bois Chéri + Tea Tasting
● Menu for lunch (if option is booked):
- Homemade Ice tea
- Starter: Palm Heart Salad and Smoked marlin, served with bread
- Main Course: Chicken in Vanilla Sauce, sautéed vegetables,
- Plain rice, lentil soup, mixed chutneys or pickles
- Dessert: caramelized banana in toffee sauce
- Tea, coffee, infusion
- Beverages package: ½ bottle of water
● Opening days for activity: Open every day including Sundays and public holidays.
● Opening times and duration: Open from 9 AM to 5 PM / A duration of approximately 1 Hour 30 mins
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Le Domaine de Bois Chéri – Located Bois Chéri
- Transport to location:
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
Toddlers below 5 yrs are exempted.
It is not advisable for toddlers to visit factories. The Management cannot be held responsible in case of accidents.
- Reservation policy:
Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
In case of no show, without giving a prior notice of 48 hours, the full amount will be claimed.