Kestrel Feeding at La Vallée de Ferney
La Vallée de Ferney is a natural reserve designed to preserve the native forest of Mauritius and its unique biodiversity. More than just a walk, exploring the valley is an unforgettable experience in a unique place, where the pleasures of hiking are associated with the protection of the environment.
Spend a day immersed in one of the last natural sanctuaries in Mauritius at La Vallée de Ferney while encountering a wide variety of native species, many of which are rare or endangered. Enjoy a guided walk of 3 km of an in-depth experience where you will be in communion with nature and its history. What could be better than to be seated in front of a unique show on the island: a majestic pair of Kestrel named Pepito and Pépita, dancing from one tree to another and being hand-fed by the guide.
Beautiful native flora and fauna, rarely seen elsewhere, flourish here. This is an ideal activity for every wildlife lovers and nature lovers!
- Experience: A guided walk to discover La Vallée de Ferney, its endemic birds and indigenous plant species and enjoy the amazing experience of feeding the Kestrels.
- Price description and maximum participants: 23 Euros per adult / 11 Euros per child (3–10 years) / Minimum 2 adults
- Included in the price: Entrance fee + Guide + Kestrel Feeding Experience
- Opening days for the activity: From Monday to Sunday
- Operating hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point: La Vallée de Ferney, Vieux Grand Port
- What to bring? Sports shoes, sweater or K-way and spare clothes are recommended. Mosquito repellent and water are compulsory.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids: All ages are welcome and kids under 12 shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Transport to location: Not included.
- Reservation policy: Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy: Up to 48 hours, 50% charge applies. As from 48 hours 100% charge applies. If the visit has to be cancelled due to bad weather conditions, an alternative booking date will be offered.