Hiking Le Pouce Mountain
Hike up the most famous sightseeing mountain of Mauritius and enjoy sweeping views. Le Pouce is the third highest peak on the island and offers a wonderful hiking experience. Follow your professional guide during this 1-hour ascent and share his knowledge and passion for hiking in the stunning Mauritian nature.
On your way, you will come across an old track that linked St Pierre to Port-Louis in the 18th century, through a nature reserve of 68 hectares with many endemic plants. At 811 meters you will reach the summit of Le Pouce mountain and enjoy the breath-taking 360-degree view. From the top, you will see the capital, Albion’s lighthouse in the west, Coin de Mire in the north and even Le Morne in the south if the weather permits.
Guided hike to Le Pouce Mountain. the third highest peak of Mauritius. Medium hike with rock climbing at the last 20 meters. Spectacular views over the whole island and edemic forests.
- Price description and maximum participants:
Adult 36 Euro per person.
Child 28 Euros per person. (5-12 years)
Max. 12 participants. Min. 2 participants.
- Included in the price:
Guided hike to Le Pouce Mountain, juice and water.
- Opening days for activity:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts 9am, ends 01.00pm. Approx. 4 hours.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Le Pouce Mountain, Center. Meeting at Eureka parking. Finishing at Eureka parking.
- To bring:
Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent camera and water.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
As from 5 and above.
- Transport to location:
- Reservation policy:
Booking 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Within 24 hours prior to the excursion no refund possible.
- Within 48 hours prior to the excursion 50% refund.
- To ensure a pleasant and quality experience to all guests, we urge to arrive on time at the meeting point. Should you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we shall depart (no refund possible).