Hiking Bras D'Eau National Park
Tucked away on the northeast coast of Mauritius, Bras d'Eau national park is one of the 3 national parks of the island and one of the wildest spots for trails and hikes. Explore this gorgeous natural sanctuary where endemic Mauritian forest and its rich biodiversity are still preserved. The park spreads over approximately 497.2 hectares (1,229 acres) of land, and its wonderful natural forest is crossed by small trails that take you to natural lakes. You may come across the endemic Paradise flycatcher that resides in these woods, see some giant Mauritian ebony trees that still grow there, indigenous ferns and orchids, and of course the beautiful Ornate Day Gecko.
You will also visit the information centre and discover the ruins of the old sugar mill and a limekiln dating back to the 18th century.
Guided hike in one of the last natural sanctuaries of Mauritius.Explore flora, fauna and animal species endemic to Mauritius nature. 6 km easy-moderate hike.
- Price description and maximum participants:
36 Euro per person. Max. 12 participants. Min. 2 participants.
- Included in the price:
Guided hike in Natural Forest, guided explanation of flora and fauna and animal life, visit of the ruins of an old sugar mill and a limekiln dating back to the 18th century, water and juice.
- Opening days for activity:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts 9am, ends 12.30pm. Approx. 3,5 hour.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
Bras D'eau National Park, East. Meeting at Bras D'eau National Park. Finishing at Bras D'eau National Park.
- To bring:
Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent camera and water.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
As from 5 and above.
- Transport to location:
- Reservation policy:
Booking 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Within 24 hours prior to the excursion no refund possible.
- Within 48 hours prior to the excursion 50% refund.
- To ensure a pleasant and quality experience to all guests, we urge to arrive on time at the meeting point. Should you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we shall depart (no refund possible).