Certified Dive Coin de Mire
This dive has been created for certified divers and offers a fabulous underwater adventure next to the shores of Coin de Mire island (Gunner's Quoin), an islet to the north of Mauritius. Depending on your diving level, you will be diving on 2 different spots where you will be able to see some amazing marine life, corals and even do some cave diving.
Unveil numerous wonders such as amazing coral gardens filled with schools of colourful fish and corals of all sorts, including soft corals. You will observe kingfish, moray eels, triggerfish, stone fish, lion fish, parrot fish, leaf fish and sea slugs in their natural environment. If you are lucky, you might even see barracudas, stingray, and dolphins.
Depending on the water conditions, you will dive to the famous Djabeda wreck, which is a Japanese fishing boat lying upright on a sandy bottom at 34 metres deep, just off Coin de Mire island. The vessel is approximately 44m long, 10m high and 5m wide, is home to a variety of fish and guarded by giant morays.
- Diving certificate (either PADI, SSI or CMAS) required.
- Max depth 30 m
- Water current between low (0 knot) & strong (1-2 knots)
- Visibility: Very Good (20 - 40m)
- Dive site quality: Good (4 stars)
- Marine biology interest: Good, with the main focus on wreck exploration
- Boat trip to the dive site and light refreshments between dives are included
- 2 tanks dive (one dive approx 45 min)
- All diving equipment (including 2 tanks) included
- Diving instructors speak French and English
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardiovascular, hearing or respiratory problems
- This diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women