20 mins Undersea Walk
Since 1995, Aquaventure has been sharing the delightful experience of walking under water with thousands of people, including non-swimmers who never thought they would ever have their head underwater and lots of children as from 8 years old. No former experience or training is required to enjoy this fantastic activity.
Undersea walking or helmet diving, as it is often called, is for many a feeling of achievement, a dream come true and of course, a whole lot of excitement and fun. It is often compared to walking on the moon!
The excursion begins with a short motorboat transfer from the famous Belle Mare beach to a platform anchored inside the splendid lagoon in front of Long Beach Hotel. After your briefing, you will be helped by the guide divers to enter the water up to your shoulders through an opening within the platform. This is when the helmet will be placed over your head. You will descend to 3-4 meters and begin the 20 minute undersea walk with a group of 6 people maximum.
The 30 kg panoramic diving helmet weighs no more than a conventional motorcycle helmet under water and keeps your head dry, thus enabling you to keep your glasses or contact lenses on during the trip. A pipe connected to the surface tank provides a regular flow of air into the helmet and allows you to breathe normally. Swimming is not at all involved in undersea walking; therefore the activity is open to all non-swimmers.
- Short motorboat transfer from the beach to the departure platform
- Receive your short pre-departure briefing on the gear, the local marine life and safety procedures
- Assistance to enter the water and to wear the gear
- 20 minute undersea walk in groups of 6 persons maximum
- This activity is suitable for children as from 8 years and for non-swimmers
- Glasses and contact lenses can be worn during the experience
- Experienced divers oversee the activity for your maximum safety. Surface swimming monitors also watch over you at all times
- All diving equipment is systematically inspected and certified by accredited agents on a regular basis
- Our air supply system allows us to be free from machinery such as compressors and generators on board and has therefore proved to be the most silent and least “CO2 emissive” undersea walk operation on the island